Employees whose work performance or capability falls below the standard required of them, should expect to be made aware of their shortcomings and to be given appropriate help and advice to improve.
Here are a few questions that you need to consider:
- What are your legal obligations when staff fail to reach a satisfactory work standard?
- What is the difference between a disciplinary and a capability matter?
- How do you deal with an employee who is under performing?
- What stages should you go through when dealing with a capability matter?
- When should you think about taking action to deal with capability issues?
- What preparations should you make for a capability meeting?
- How do you set performance improvement standards?
- Should you handle situations differently where the cause is ill health?
- What should you do if the employee has a disability?
For further information, please contact us on 01606 333677